[SWLUG] Laptop

Peter Bradley P.Bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Sep 30 17:39:08 UTC 2006

For family reasons, it looks as though I'm going to have to go to
Sheffield to look after my mother for several days the week after next.
The prospect of staring at four walls for that amount of time is not
appealing, so I thought I'd buy a laptop so that I can amuse myself
doing a little programming and stuff whilst I'm away.

Does anyone have any suggestions of the kind of laptop I should look
for?  It'll have to be something easy to get hold of by just nipping
down to PC World or similar, because I don't have time for anything
else.  I've got a copy of SuSE Linux Enterprise Desktop that I thought
I'd install.

Any suggestions?

Peter