[SWLUG] removing CDFS on USB memory

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Mon Apr 2 06:54:54 UTC 2007

On Sun 1-Apr-07, Tony Pursell wrote:
> On 1 Apr 2007 at 22:17, Jonathan Wright wrote:
> > Mark Summerfield wrote:
> > > But I can't figure out how to get rid of the CDFS partition. Linux
> > > thinks it is a read-only CD.
> > >
> > > Can anyone suggest a way?
> >
> > What have you tried and what errors did you get?
> >
> > --
>
> Have you tried using gparted to delete the partition and extend
> the FAT partition?

I tried qtparted and it only recognises the existence of the FAT
partition---it doesn't know/believe that the CDFS partition is even
there. (They have made the dratted CDFS partition read-only.)

gparted seemed to get slightly closer and output this:

    : gparted
    libparted : 1.8.2
    Unable to open /dev/md0 - unrecognised disk label.

df only shows the FAT partition.

: fdisk /dev/md0

Unable to read /dev/md0

So no success so far!