[SWLUG] recommendation sought for domain provider

Jonathan Wright jonathan at netwrker.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 16:06:41 UTC 2007

pbhj (swlug) wrote:
> Have you looked at http://www.jabwebsolutions.co.uk/uk-web-hosting/email.html
> the hosting comes out at £15 pa for just an email account. That's one domain
> but small firms like this can usually tailor something for you so you could
> ask about multiple domains on one account. They have spam-assasin and black /
> white listing.
>
> One of the main guys there is Jonathon from SWLUG, I'm their client, no I'm
> not getting money for posting this!!
>
> They probably aren't the cheapest (apologies if they are!) but their support
> is second to none - and I'm quite demanding.

I doubt we're the cheapest, but we do try to offer value-for-money and
good customer service, so thanks for the recommendation (we must be
doing something right! ;))

If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line! :)

> One question though - I quit having any catch-all addressses about 9 months
> ago when rebound spam was filling my mailbox every day, it was a pain (as I
> used one-off names for web forms etc.). How do you manage the spam!??

I'm looking forward to the day when SWsoft realize the virtues and
ability of Postfix over 'qmail'. Maybe then we can support some more
useful Spam prevention systems (such as forcing FQDN's on EHLO's and
configurable greylisting).

It works so well on my personal server, just a shame I can't put it to
good use for our customers.

  Jonathan Wright                           jonathan at netwrker.co.uk
                                              http://netwrker.co.uk

  cat /dev/random (you never know, you may see something you like!)

  2.6.17-gentoo-r3-djnauk-b1 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+