[SWLUG] Open PVRs [ was petition against BBC's Windows-only iPlayer]

Julian Hall lists at kaotic.co.uk
Sun Aug 5 11:37:28 UTC 2007

Steve Hill wrote:
> I'll give you a quick run down of what I've got set up:
>
> I have an Athlon XP 2100+ running MythTV and a Sky Minidish with a
> quad-LNB.
>
> The MythTV box has a Hauppauge Nova-S-Plus card plugged directly into the
> minidish.
Slightly related topic :)

I have a Winfast VC100 XP card in my box (Athlon 2400XP / 1Gb RAM).
After a couple of years (literally) chasing my tail with various card
claiming to work in Linux but failing miserably this one apparently
does.  I have a 2.6.11 kernel at the moment, apparently 2.6.12 would me
less hassle but I don't know how to upgrade it (I've never really gone
*that* far into the guts of Linux).

Could some kind soul please give me baby steps on getting my card to
work?  I've googled around and it seems it will work with BTTV, the card
number is apparently 114.

Kind regards,

Julian