[SWLUG] advice requested re: video capture

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Sun Dec 9 12:46:35 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007 11:39:02 David Butt wrote:
> kino for Linux will capture to avi or dv format. But it sounds like your
> daughters system is windows. If it is windows system why not use moviemaker
> it will do a pretty good job of it for her.
well another issue is that while googling i read that not all software
(windows) will work with all capture hardware, but it was a throwaway
reference and i can't find any definitive info about that, leading me towards
an 'all in one' solution, there was an implication that it is the usb capture
devices that exhibit this software invisibility but nothing specific

bascule

--
The truth isn't easily pinned to a page. In the bathtub of history the truth
is harder to hold than soap, and much more difficult to find...