[SWLUG] advice requested re: video capture

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Dec 10 09:26:42 UTC 2007

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007, Julian Hall wrote:

> Uses the Phillips SAA7135 which IIRC even works in Linux (although I
> know that's not an issue here :))

I have a Hauppauge Nova-S Plus DVB-S card which has (I believe) this chip
for the analogue capture part of the card.  I never did manage to get the
sound capture working on it (although I can't say I tried very hard - I
only really use the DVB-S side of the card and I only fiddled with it on
the offchance that I could free up the PCI slot used by my analogue WinTV
(BT878) card).

If you hit the same problem, you can just plug the sound into the sound
card's line in and capture from that instead though.

  - Steve