[SWLUG] advice requested re: video capture

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 13:28:21 UTC 2007

On Sunday 09 December 2007 11:10:01 bascule wrote:
> i'm considering buying some hardware for my daughter so that she can get
> her videos off her camcorder.
thanks for all the replies, after reading them and also further online
searching i can't say i'm possessing great confidence about any one product,
in fact i think i'm even more confused than ever, partly due to all these
online retailer sites having customer reviews on them, all predictably having
a nice 50/50 split on how any particular product is great/crap. for the
record my daughter's camcorder is anlog with an s-video out, my advice to buy
a digital one was ignored by all involved in the purchase since, as the bloke
who built her first computer last decade, what would i know?
nevertheless it's possible i'm overthinking the whole thing so i'll probably
go with a simple all-in-one usb solution and see if she complains :)

bascule

--
No wizard would normally dream of giving a colleague a leg up unless it was in
order to catch them on the hop.