[SWLUG] sound card interference from konqueror?

Edward Evans eje at edevans.uklinux.net
Wed Dec 19 10:33:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:26:25 +0000
bascule <asura at theexcession.co.uk> wrote:

> i have an sblive value card which i use over the built in mobo sound because
> there are no problems with multiple streams accessing the dsp at once, i
> rarely don't have music playing so i was surprised today during some silence
> to hear a very quiet 'buzz' when i moved the mouse scroll wheel or used the
> cursor keys to scroll in konqueror, also if i paged up or down, if i focus on
> the desktop and scroll the wheel or use the cursor keys - no buzz! so far i
> can't reproduce the buzz in any other app!

I can't help you much with this, except that a few years ago I had a very similar problem but using the built-in sound on a Asus motherboard - intermittent and unpredictable faint buzz.  But then I found some sort of kernel setting/boot parameter which switched off (or possibly on) something and the problem was cured.  The trouble is, I can't remember what it was!  But at least in my case what sounded like electrical interference was actually software "interference", so it might be worth your while searching a bit further.

Edward

--
Edward Evans <eje at edevans.uklinux.net>