[SWLUG] GIMP printing

Foeh Mannay swlug at wormtail.co.uk
Fri Dec 21 22:50:29 UTC 2007

Hi,

Somewhere along the line, I've lost the ability to print in GIMP. When I
go to print, I only have the 'print to file' option. I'd really like to
get my printers back, but I can't seem to find out where to set them up,
and the advice I've found searching the 'net all seems to be rather
conflicting. My printers exist for all the other apps I use (set up in
lpd), but GIMP seems to be different for some reason.

Anyone want to throw me a bone here? Do I need CUPS? At the risk of
sounding like a moron, what are the relative merits of the different
Linux printing systems?

Thanks,

Foeh