[SWLUG] Wireless routers

Chris M. Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 12:07:51 UTC 2007

Further to my rant of earlier this morning (should appear on the
Planet shortly if my Apache logs are to be believed, link in sig
otherwise), does anyone have some spare wireless routers that they no
longer have a use for?  I'm looking at needing two of them.  Upstream
is NTL.

One:
* needs to support static IP assignment
* needs to not crash when port forwarding is enabled
* needs to allow more than 4 entries on the MAC filtering table

The other:
* needs to support static IP assignment
* needs to not crash when port forwarding is enabled
* needs to act as a repeater, bridging desirable (would like to not
have to use my laptop as a bridge)

Budget constraints won't stretch to purchasing two decent-quality
units from new, and I can't necessarily reach market value on them,
though I can guarantee that they are going to a good home.  Support
for 802.11g is not necessary (upstream is only 2Mbit).  For these
reasons, I'm looking specifically at any which are not seeing any use
and not likely to in the future (i.e. would otherwise be destined for
the bin and/or eBay).

Any help appreciated.

--
Chris Jackson
Now with enhanced time-wasting capabilities