[SWLUG] Open government IT projects

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Jan 22 23:32:33 UTC 2007

On Mon Jan 22 13:17:40 2007, Bradley, Peter wrote:
> While we're on the subject of petitions, I'm trying to get the Open
> University to use cross platform software for all their teaching and
> learning tools.  I've started a petition at:
>
> http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/xplatform/

Wouldn't it be better to petition them to use open standards and open
formats, and/or actively seek to create same? (And the same, really,
goes for the government code).

Then you could write your own cross-platform learning software.

If the stuff *is* open standard and open format now, then really
someone should have written the software you want by now - if not,
it's hardly something for the OU to solve themselves.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at jabber.org
  - http://dave.cridland.net/