[SWLUG] Pledgebank - ask for Linux support in computer stores

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Mon Jan 29 15:32:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 14:35:16 +0000
"Neil Greenwood" <neil.greenwood.lug at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just seen the following pledge, which is a rather good idea IMO.

It is, but what a shame the literacy of the original poster is so poor.
The pledge, as written, is "I will start ask for Linux at my local
computer store, AND at August 25th 2007 but only if 10,000 people will
do the same." Those advocating Linux should present their case in a
better light, IMO. They should also be better informed: he says that
the vendors have been too slow to react to Linux, and then he cites the
example of the nVidia driver as progress that has been made.

Never mind: I'm probably wasting my time expecting higher standards,
aren't I?

Keith