[SWLUG] Best Bacup storage what do you think?

Keith Edmunds keith at midnighthax.com
Tue Jan 30 11:32:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:27:45 +0000
"Emmanuel Durand" <erdurand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Following Peter's question on backup and disc image, my question is
> what is the best backup storage for the home?

One option you didn't mention is using a remote server to backup to
(with PCbackup or rdiff-backup or similar tool). Yes, that kind of
service costs some money, but the advantages are:

- it can be completely automated. No more forgotten backups

- it can easily be run every day (or every hour if you really want to)

- the backups are held offsite

Not the answer for everyone, but, as I say, worth considering.

Keith

--
Keith Edmunds