[SWLUG] Ubunt-doh!

Michael Parker Michael.Parker at wbs.wales.nhs.uk
Wed Jul 25 11:30:06 UTC 2007

Just to follow up a couple of comments in the previous replies:

> 6.06 boxes with Linksys WMP54G cards here at work
> I think we got them for about ?15 a piece.

Yeah, a look at kelkoo and they are 14 quid including delivery from dell... I'll give them a go!!

> Watch out for 'OS locked' systems.

Well, the de-pim-my-dell I was talking about is:

Small business section:
Dimension C521 - £149 +VAT
Take off the monitor of £60, then it goes to £89...
(plus 60 quid delivery... plus vat... makes it more like £170... but still)

I did a brief ubuntu forum search, and the C521 is mentioned a few times (things like screen res, rather than not installing) so it might be a goer...

Thanks for all the input - mike