[SWLUG] Ubunt-doh!

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters-home.net
Wed Jul 25 15:36:54 UTC 2007

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> Had you thought of Home Plug, for example:
> http://www.solwise.co.uk/net-powerline.htm?
>
> I recently bought two sets of these, one for me and one for a client;  i.e.
> one for Windows and one for Linux.  They were simplicity itself to set up.

Don't these particular units require Windows in order to set them up?
Obviously they work fine with Linux, but from what I read about the
Solwise products, the configuration program only runs in Windows.

The Devolo MicroLink dLAN range of PowerLine products definitely come
with Linux and OSX configuration utilities (as well as Windows),
although they seem to be a bit more pricey that the Solwise range.
Amazon sells the Devolo starter kit (which contains two PowerLine
network adapters) for £87.35
(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Devolo-MicroLink-dLAN-Highspeed-Starter/dp/B000A7IE7Y).