[SWLUG] [Fwd: [LUG] Say NO toMicrosoft Office becoming an ISO Standard]

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Fri Jun 22 15:49:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Julian Hall wrote:

> Please sign the petition here : http://www.noooxml.org/petition/
> (cookies have to be enabled for this site)

I have signed it.  However, reading the comments left by other people
there are a lot of anti-Microsoft comments which I feel is completely
missing the point and harms the validity of the petition, which is rather
sad.

Whether we personally like an organisation or not should have no bearing
whether their standard is ratified - the ratification should be based on
the standard's own merits.

--

  - Steve