[SWLUG] BBC's "iPlayer"

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Tue Jun 26 14:49:10 UTC 2007

Wellllll, the beeb  are  digging into a digital mess...  And are pressured
by the dvd sales. It gets even
shadier with some of the copyrights - do they have the rights to broadcast
over the internet? etc...

But overall, it is business minds going through 'let's squeeze some more
money' though process.
Windows - yep, Mac - maybe later, anything else - does it exist?

The conspiracy theorist in me has already decided that they do this ON
> PURPOSE to DEFEAT VIEWING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY on non-proprietary
> systems. The realist in me has decided that they don't really know
> what they're doing.

There is a genius living in  their servers. Maybe even a race of them. Or
maybe the beeb servers are discorians.