[SWLUG] BBC's "iPlayer"

Gerald Davies gerald.davies at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 15:10:14 UTC 2007

On 28/06/07, Vladimir Zlatanov <vlado at dikini.net> wrote:

> how does that relate to providing equal and fair access? It doesn't do
> anything like that, so you might be able to get a part of your license fee,
> if you are willing to go through the courts. Needs to be tested. The
> accessibility act can have some strange consequences.

is there a requirement for them to do this at present?  i thought this
was only in relation to traditional mediums.  you don't pay for radio
at present.  perhaps i'm just muddying things.

the thing with stuff like this is i do believe we're currently
building a two-tier system... (maybe we always have had one), it's not
really that free.  as long as poor folk have to shell out for a
computer, a broadband connection, etc...