[SWLUG] A pleasant surprise

Glenn Booth d.glenn.booth at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:35:09 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I'm getting so used to rubbish service from hardware suppliers that I can't
be bothered making a
fuss about it any more, so when I get really good service it stands out.

Recently my Draytek Vigor 2600 router got damaged (probably during a storm,
but I'm not
sure). I woke up one morning and it had powered off in the night. Line
surges are specifically
excluded in the warranty, so I wasn't hopeful of a free fix, given the
amount of lightning around
at the time.

I sent Draytek an email and got a bunch of questions by return. My original
email had already
answered them, but I filled out the form and quickly got an RMA form by
reply.

Last Monday I nipped to the Post Office at lunch time and sent it to their
service centre. On
Wednesday morning the postman stuck a "could not deliver, nobody to sign for
the package"
notice through the door. I got the repaired unit back after collecting it on
Thursday morning,
as good as new.

The Royal Mail reckon it was delivered to Draytek on Tuesday at 11:37. They
must have fixed
it and sent it out the same day, and  they tried to deliver it on Wednesday.
I *know* they went inside
it as the screws were different when I got it back.

Sheesh. When I was a tech support manager for Matrox we thought we were
doing well to turn
RMA warranty repairs around in a week.

In short, I wholeheartedly recommend Draytek's support. The routers are good
too, IMO.
(No connection by the way - just a customer).

Regards,

Glenn.