[SWLUG] Notebook recommendations

Jonathan Wright jonathan at netwrker.co.uk
Mon May 14 14:05:36 UTC 2007

Steve Hill wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2007, P.G. Richardson wrote:
>
>> Intel drivers and chipsets fine. Currently run the i810 driver for
>> integrated Intel graphics card and Beryl runs very happily.
>
> Can you get away with running full screen video?  I find that on videos
> much over 400x300 my FX5200 (with previously mentioned crazy display
> resolution) can't cope and I have to shut Beryl down.  Similarly, Google
> Earth doesn't run under Beryl very well on that machine.

I can just about manage full-screen video (1280x1024) with mine,
although busy sections can stutter a little (hence my looking to upgrade
the card).

Same goes with cube motion, scaling, etc. when the processor is busy
(although not sure how much change a new graphics card will bring the
that one! :)).

  Jonathan Wright                           jonathan at netwrker.co.uk
                                              http://netwrker.co.uk

  cat /dev/random (you never know, you may see something you like!)

  2.6.20-gentoo-r7-netwrker-b3 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+