[SWLUG] Notebook recommendations

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Tue May 15 11:16:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Michael Parker wrote:

> [MP] I have a lovely Tesco A5 spiral bound! ;o)

:-P

>> As a side note, what is PC World's reaction likley to be if I wander
> in
>> and start rebooting laptops into a Linux live CD?  :)
>
> [MP] "Ahhhg, errr aaahh, errrrr I think I need to get my manager" But
> I'd say, its worth it ;)

Maybe I should try it and video the whole thing for amusement value :)

Anyway, I wandered into PC World and played with Vista+Aero for the first
time yesterday...  Maybe Beryl has set my expectations way too high, but I
was really rather disappointed.  When I first saw Beryl it made me go
"Oooooh", but Aero just made me think "It's XP but with transparent bits".

I think I'm probably going to go for the Acer 6413 in the end...

--

  - Steve