[SWLUG] WiFi & Linux

Phillip Evans phillip at paevans.freeserve.co.uk
Thu May 17 23:02:39 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am going wifi in the not too distant future and would appreciate any
comments on setting this up with Linux. I am currently using Mandriva
2007 with no immediate intentions to change.

I have set up several wifi networks for friends using windoze which has
not been a major problem but how easy is this with Linux ? Do I need to
use ndiswrapper and how easy (difficult ?) is this to setup & configure
? I am intending to use routers and wireless adaptors from either
Netgear or Belkin and would appreciate any comments on what is the best
kit to use, any obvious banana skins to avoid etc.

Thanks

Phillip