[SWLUG] [Fwd: Re: [LUG] Tesco selling Linux PC's]

Rhys Jones rhys.j.jones at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:43:52 UTC 2007

On 22/10/2007, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> On the other hand, the people who buy the machine for Word'n'Web,
> which accounts for way more people, will be perfectly happy, and tell
> their friends how good they are. They won't mention anything about
> Linux either, of course.

This news report doesn't mention Linux either, but if you unpack it,
it suggests that every primary schoolchild in Wales be given a
sub-£200 RM/Asus Linux-based minibook:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7061021.stm

(I'm assuming that the 'laptop' being talked about is this one:
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/10/09/rm_asus_launches_minibook/ )

The cynic in me says it's just a ploy to gain publicity on behalf of
the particular AM, but you never know, it might happen...

Rhys