[SWLUG] Virgin on the ridiculous

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 13:38:51 UTC 2008

Anyone else experienced intermittent service from Virgin?
It is working off and on. No service at all one time and another I can
watch an entire hour's TV on Iplayer.
They are trying to tell me my equipment is faulty and the want to send
an engineer round. The problem is of course my system is non-standard.

There usual customer service is dreadful. I have just phoned up to
actually confirm what my Virgin email address actually is. Just in case
I am being emailed by them.
And I am asked 3 times  "Which window (sic) are you using" Whose bright
idea was it to use people with dodgy English for tech support?

Neil