[SWLUG] FW: Diagnosing router problems

plebs.col at virgin.net plebs.col at virgin.net
Mon Dec 1 20:05:17 UTC 2008

This is sent through Virgin using a Billion router working with Ubuntu.

It is a problem getting it working again when it loses its settings.
Expect no help from Virgin.

I use the Virgin provided Speedtouch modem  to work my windows box to the
web.  changing the plug  over in the splitter box is not too difficult.

I ought to do what you are trying - but will the windows and ubuntu mix
make a mauled mess where nothing works?     Been somewhere like that and
failed to recover one hard drive until I used the Ultimate Boot Disk to
write zeroes all over it.

Backup before you start.

Regards
Ilyan