[SWLUG] help with fixing machine

neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 10:47:13 UTC 2008

fixing strategies

As reported recently I have a machine with hard disk problems.

The main linux disk seems to be working but is continually developing faults.

These are my possible lines of strategy.

there are 3 disk on this machine each 20 GB.
1 win 98. 1 linux and one linux for extra data They are all fairly full.

I is old about 8 years old and is a 795 mhz amd
Bot sure about bioas at present.

1st strategy put in a fourth disk and using knopix copy across the data I wish to back up.
There is a separate home partition.

2 nd strategy try to ftp he files to this win 2000 machine

I have  a router How do i ftp  the files across. What are the addresses? How do I find them?

I would appreciate any advice /tips.

Neil