[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Peter Bradley P.Bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 4 22:11:14 UTC 2008

Ysgrifennodd Philip Barnes:

> While I was playing around with this I found this link, now I can click
> on an mms link in firefox and it opens xine.
>
> http://www.cinlug.org/node/316
>
> I am pleased I found this, I have been copying and pasting mms urls into
> a shell for so long, this makes it all work properly.

Just to keep everyone informed...

I've written again to S4C and told them about this solution and the
others we've found.  I've asked them to consider publishing an article
on their own site listing the solutions, but said that if they're not
willing to do that, that I'm happy to publish an article on my site as
long as they're willing to point to it.  This allows them to avoid
responsibility for the advice, so I thought they might go for it.

I'll let you know (but I'm not holding my breath, personally).

Multitudes of thanks for the help you've given me.  I feel as though
I've learnt a lot.  Thanks.

Peter