[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 6 13:02:51 UTC 2008

On 5 Jan 2008 at 22:28, Peter Bradley wrote:

> I'm thinking of communicating something like that (in Welsh, obviously)
> to S4C, but I'd be glad of any suggestions, corrections or even
> discouragement before I do.  I tend to jump in where angels fear to
> tread, sometimes.

It does seem that S4C needs sorting out a bit, so go for it.

However, after keeping the whole of this long thread, I finally
booted into Ubuntu Gutsy to see if I could do what has been
suggested.  No need, as it seems.  I launched Firefox,
navigated to the S4C site and the link to Dechrau Canu
Dechrau Canmol from Bala and (after a warning that it would
have open an external application which this may be trying to
exploit - heavens forbid!) it opened in Totem.  Same with
Catrin Finch.

I just wish the same would happen with BBC iPlayer ... but
that's a completely different story and has all to do with DRM,
etc.

Tony Pursell