[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Philip Barnes phil at trig222.f9.co.uk
Sun Jan 6 19:52:42 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 13:02 +0000, Tony Pursell wrote:
> I just wish the same would happen with BBC iPlayer ... but
> that's a completely different story and has all to do with DRM,
> etc.
The BBC iPlayer does now work on linux, go to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

The DRM ridden download service has been replaced by a youtube style
flash player based solution.

Its amazing how quickly they were able to do what they should have done
in the first place instead of wasting time and money on the broken DRM
download service. It didn't work on XP, I do have XP Pro running on a VM
under linux, mostly to run Tracklogs and TomTom Home, but the old
iPlayer just gave me the sound with a series of stills.

Phil