[SWLUG] S4C use of wmv

Peter Bradley P.Bradley at dsl.pipex.com
Sun Jan 6 20:51:57 UTC 2008

Ysgrifennodd Philip Barnes:
> The BBC iPlayer does now work on linux, go to
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer

Hmm.  I seem to have a problem with that.  I have flashplayer 9
installed, and FF knows about it, but it also thinks I have flashplayer
7 installed, so maybe it gets confused.  Any attempt to play anything
gets redirected to the flashplayer download site.

Checking back through my downloads it looks to me as though I, stupidly,
installed flashplayer 7 using the installer but installed flashplayer 9
using the package.  Does anyone know how I can dig myself out of this
particular hole?

Cheers

Peter