[SWLUG] SAMBA not allowing me to write

Stephen Constantinou stephanos at writeme.com
Wed Jan 16 01:00:09 UTC 2008

Dear All

Thanks for all the replies.

In the end it was as simple as making sure the Dell/XP machine and the
Mandriva machine have the same Workgroup name.  Before they were the
same I could read the file system of the XP machine but not write a new
directory or file from the Mandriva machine.  I was able to write to an
existing file from the Mandriva machine.

Once I had made the Workgroup the same I could write a new directory and
a new file to the XP machine from the Mandriva machine.

Stephen