[SWLUG] Swansea meet (was: Carmarthen meeting reminder - TONIGHT)

Chris M. Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:14:36 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 1:51 PM, Neil Jones <neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I am certainly not the best person to know about these things as I don't
> visit many pubs as I am a life-long teetotaller.  Some of the pubs at
> the top of High Street were not to noisy some years ago. What is The
> Shoulder of Mutton like these days?
>
> Are there any suitable cafes?

AIUI, prevailing opinion is that High Street is probably best avoided.
 The pubs at the top (especially in the vicinity of the Lamb and the
Half Moon) are supposedly either rough or lifeless, and those lower
down are "specialty" venues.

If folk are willing to put up with the longer walk, I'm not sure what
the volume level is like in Mambo these days, but if push comes to
shove there's the Potter's Wheel (there's nothing quite like
consistency).

Also, add one hand in favour of an alternative, non-pub-related event.

--
Chris Jackson
Now with enhanced time-wasting capabilities