[SWLUG] XP partition mounted as Root

Emyr Derfel emyr42 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 00:38:06 UTC 2008

If your XP partition is NTFS, the Mandriva version of the NTFS kernel
driver may be read-only by default as historically writing was a lot
less reliable. See http://www.linux-ntfs.org/doku.php?id=status
If your XP partition is FAT32, it should already be writable.

Your other option would be to split your XP partition in two, so that
all your documents are on a single shared FAT32 partition, and XP and
its programs on a smaller NTFS partition. This would make your backup
strategy simpler, if you have one. XD

Emyr