[SWLUG] Wretched microsoft

Andrew Price andy at andrewprice.me.uk
Thu Jul 10 23:07:27 UTC 2008

On 10/07/08 23:25, Neil Jones wrote:
> You'll be interested to hear this one. Mickeysoft seem to have just scored a massive own goal.

It may seem that way but it's Check Point which is patching its software
to fix the ensuing internet connectivity problem, not Microsoft. This
suggests that ZoneAlarm had some fragile code in it. So it could be that
Microsoft is innocent in this instance.

Of course, I can't be sure about that either. Check Point's ZoneAlarm
fix might be working around a new bug which Microsoft's DNS patch
caused. Who knows what goes on in the shady world of closed source code.