[SWLUG] Switching to a BT line. Effects?

Phil Muldoon pkmuldoon at picobot.org
Wed Jun 25 09:47:32 UTC 2008

> However that would mean installing a BT line for the internet.
>
> Are there any consequences as regards speed and reliability that I
> should be concerned about?

I just recently moved into a property. As the line in the exchange did not
belong to BT I had to pay 125 GBP to have it connected. This is sort of a
virtual thing as a physical line has always existed to this place.
Apparently to get a BT Engineer to flip the switch to get the line back
from Talk Talk, or SKY, or whoever had it last is that much, No amount of
arguing/pleading would make them come off it. So depending on who owned
your line last, that might be a charge you have to pay.

I also believe that the line rental is a minimum 12 month term

Regards

Phil Muldoon