[SWLUG] Poster for Talks

Chris M. Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 20:37:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Andrew Price <andy at andrewprice.me.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 07:45:33PM +0000, Matthew Moore wrote:

>  > http://matthewmoore.org.uk/talksposter.pdf

>  A few minor language corrections:

A minor detail to add to the list: OpenStreetMap apparently has no spaces.

I've also a few suggestions on formatting and wording in general:

Try aligning the whole thing to the centre rather than the left
Header: "South Wales Linux User Group" in larger, bold type;
"presents" without colon on the following line
Title: "an evening of" (lowercase) rather than "A Series of"; set in
smaller type, with "Lightning Talks" (title case or all caps) in bold
type on its own line
Talks: "including", each title, and the "and more" set on separate
lines, perhaps putting the titles themselves in slightly larger or
bold type?
Where/When: Roll up into one block, e.g. "Wed 2 April 2008, Robert
Recorde Room, Second Floor, Faraday Tower", "7pm start" on its own
line
Contact details: Consider putting a name in there, e.g. "email Matthew
at mattrm..."
Move the call for speakers to run either with or after the address.
Maybe "For more information about the event, or if you would like to
speak, see ..." and put a note inviting speakers on the website
announcement (if it hasn't already gone up).

Somewhere, I did have the old logotype and a penguin graphic for a
header.  The latter is easy, and the Wayback Machine may help with the
former.

--
Chris Jackson
Now with enhanced time-wasting capabilities