[SWLUG] Getting broadband on

neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Mon May 26 16:31:16 UTC 2008

Can anyone help me get a family member on line with Linux. I have successfully installed Ubuntu BUT it doesn't connect automatically to the net. The system uses Demon via BT and a sppedtouch 330 cable modem which plugs into the network cable port on the back of the PC

I have founds this which talks about putting new firmware on the modem.
Now I am bit reluctant. It isn't my system and it MUST STILL WORK WITH WINDOWS.
http://www.linux-usb.org/SpeedTouch/ubuntu/index.html

Any advice and information would be most gratefully received. I use Demon for email but my connection is with Virgin Media which just connects automatically.