[SWLUG] Can't set right resolution on new 24" monitor

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Sun Nov 2 21:00:38 UTC 2008

As I'm getting no answers on ubuntuforums.org, I'm wondering if there are any
people handy with xorg configurations.

I'm trying to setup my new 24" monitor with a 1920x1200 resolution as a
primary and my old 19" monitor as a secondary twinview display.  But I can't
get the 24" monitor past 1920x1080.  It works find under XP.  Any idea why?
Can anyone massage my xorg.conf into life?  Everytime I change it manually, I
get parse errors.

xorg.config at pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/m349a804

More detail here:

If someone can help, I'd really appreciate it.  I'll buy you beer in Cardiff on
Wednesday if you are there!

Cheers,

Matt