[SWLUG] Where have all the syslogs gone?

Terry John terry.john at bbc.co.uk
Wed Oct 1 09:11:30 UTC 2008

I'm running a Redhat installation and we had a problem with logfile
runaway which filled up
the /var filesystem.

But I'm clever and I know about filesystems so I created a new one and
mapped it to /var/log.
Now your log files can't mess up my MySQL databases I confidently
declared, but one problem.
/var/log/messages is no longer being updated. All the other log files
are working fine but not
this main syslog file. I'm feeling a little dis-communicated.

Terry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/