[SWLUG] Recommendations for ISP?

P.G. Richardson p.g.richardson at phantomjinx.co.uk
Tue Sep 2 11:31:17 UTC 2008

> Can anyone recommend a decent ISP for an ordinary home user please?
>
> I have been helping a family member set up a system and Demon Internet's
> support is abysmal. I don't like being lied to. The mickey mouse
> speedtouch modem they provide won't work with either Linux or the new
> Vista laptop. Several calls to Demon and we are no better off. The last
> time I was told that the speedtouch was broken and not under warranty.
> Funny how I am using it to sent this then!
> We have a dynammode router but Dynamode's support isn't good. They are
> going to ring back . Quite possibly when I am not around to take the call.
> Since I live somewhere else. Demon's support told me at one point "Demon
> do not support Wista (sic)". Boy I am glad to use Linux!
>
> What we are looking for is someone who will provide a router that works
> out of the  box with no fuss. Any ideas?
>
> Neil Jones

I find Eclipse technical support excellent. Have phoned them and emailed
them several times and they always sort me out without any hassle.

Their residential packages can provide a router, although I already had
one so dont know what it is.

Definitely works with linux as all my computers are linux only but after
all its a router so O.S. agnostic.

www.eclipse.net.uk

Hope this helps.

PGR

--
Laws are partly formed for the sake of good men, in order to instruct them
how they may live on friendly terms with one another, and partly for the

You fiend! Never have I encountered such corrupt and foul-minded
perversity
 Have you ever considered a career in the church?
Bishop of Bath and Wells (Blackadder II)