[SWLUG] Technical Meeting Announcement and Call for Papers/Talks

Neil Jones neil at nwjones.demon.co.uk
Sun Apr 12 16:38:56 UTC 2009

Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Thursday 09 April 2009 17:04:03 Carwyn Edwards wrote:
>
>> I'm certainly happy to give a talk on basic Linux security.
>>

> And allow it to be recorded and put on the web?  Sounds great - and Wales is
> just too far away for me to make a meeting. :-(
>
> Lisi
This is not as simple as it sounds, I was talking to a member of this
list who I bumped into in the local supermarket this week.
He pointed this out. This is a talk that you are doing to some of your
mates, perhaps not with the best of preparation and possibly
not with the equipment that would be ideal. That is fine s long as that
is all that it is.
There is however a big problem when this becomes near permanently
recorded on the web. A potential employer might be looking at it and
form an opinion of your substandard performance which is unfair. They
may not properly understand the context which we take for granted.

Neil