[SWLUG] Result of fdisk -l

Hen Glowr henglowr at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 2 15:14:12 UTC 2009

When i posted the message about:

Analog RGB
1280 x 1024 / 28hz
Out of Range

I do as i have always done and shut down as follows:

I always "log-off" first and then select "shut-down" from the options that appear.

Then when i booted the computer i was immediatedly informed that a system check was going to take place as hda1 had not been updated for quite sometime. Well everything appeared to be alright and Ubuntu loaded without an hitch. So i next went to the "Update Manager" and proceeded to download and install 187 updates. Once again everything was alright and at the end i was requested to reboot the computer for the updates to become effective. But when the computer rebooted the Ubuntu screen and progress bar appeared for a few seconds before disappearing and a message appeared stating: No input signal going to sleep! So near and yet so far. Feel like screaming lol. Does anyone know how i can get around this please.