[SWLUG] Thermal Compound and IPA

Emyr Derfel emyr42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 14:36:24 UTC 2009

Hi

Should have specified: paper towel, from a fresh roll. Still not good though! I've read (on Silentpcreview.com I think, great site) that even toothpaste works, until it dries, hence I'm not that bothered about fancy compound.

I think I'll try boots tomorrow or monday, might go see what Gunk Novatech have in stock.

This experience just amplifies how bad I think Intel's pushpins are- I built my new work PC last week using an E8500, Scythe Ninja 2 and an Antec Sonata Elite. Bolt-throughs are definitely superior.

Thanks all!

Emyr