[SWLUG] An error occurred

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Tue Aug 25 20:34:45 UTC 2009

Hen Glowr wrote:
> Could someone help me out 'yet again', please.
> When i put a DVD into the drive, almost immediately Totem Movie Player
> opens and then an error message appears:
>
> An error occurred
> Could not open location; you might not
> have permission to open the file
>
> How do i get the DVD to play? Thanks everyone

I'm pretty sure you've not set things up correctly to play DVDs.  I
don't think you've got the libdvdcss stuff setup right.

Try making sure you've followed all the steps here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=766683&highlight=totem+dvd

If that doesn't fix it please run totem from the terminal and post the
output here.

Cheers,

Matt