[SWLUG] recommendations for a netbook...

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Thu Dec 17 10:23:48 UTC 2009

I'm writing this from an Acer Aspire One 110,currently running Ubuntu
Karmic netbook remix, since the preinstalled distro was not something
to savour. Hardware wise, the only gripes I have with it are the
buttons to the side of the trackpad - they are not comfortable to deal
with X cut and paste.

I've bought an extra 7200mAh battery, which is bulky, but keeps me
powered for 6-9 hours.

I do a lot of development on it, and although it is not a speed
monster, it is fast enough for most tasks.

I'd recommend going to one of the big shops like PC World or similar,
and just test which you feel most comfortable with and go from there.