[SWLUG] SWLUG suggestions

Dafydd Walters dafydd at walters-home.net
Mon Feb 2 11:03:30 UTC 2009

Pete Prior wrote:
> * Call the meetings we have at the 3 venues now "socials" and keep them
> Just For Fun.
>
> * Have a central lug meeting once a month or so in a place everyone is
> willing to travel to (maybe not a pub) to discuss lug matters and things
> like lightening talks, lug policies, events etc.

Not a bad idea. Perhaps the Swansea area, being roughly central, would
be a good place for the "official" LUG meetings where advocacy, events,
etc. could be held.

A format which worked well for LUG meetings in a place I lived before,
was at the start of each meeting, a speaker (either a member of the LUG,
or sometimes a guest) would speak for about 30-45 minutes or so about a
topic of interest. Then there would be a short break, before
re-convening for informal discussions (no formal agenda) on LUG matters
such as advocacy and organising upcoming events such as installfests
etc. over Pizzas and sodas.