[SWLUG] Technical Meeting 12th July 2009

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Sun Jul 5 21:32:59 UTC 2009

Matthew Moore wrote:
>> Neil Jones wrote:
>>
>>> Right given the assumption that there is not projector.How are we going
>>> to present things?#
>>>
>>> I am not being negative but can we have some suggestions/brainstorming?
>>>
>> Nope it's fine to discuss it.  The options are:
>>
>> 1 - Hire a projector - this is expensive, but if say 3 others are
>> willing to put £25 in we can probably do it.
>>
>> 2 - Get hold of an Overhead Projector - probably quite easy, they must
>> be quite cheap/redundant in the days of 'smartboards' et al.  Not great,
>> but you can print on to acetate (I think!) if not it's handy to scrawl
>> notes on.
>>
>> 3 - A flip chart or similar, again, fairly cheap and someone can
>> probably nab one for a short while.
>>
>> 4 - Printed slides/notes for those interested.
>>
>> 5 - Nowt.
>>
>> I'm going to steer my talk more towards general stuff than the examples
>> I had planned as well.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Matt
> thanks to Stephen we now have a projector, which is excellent, many thanks
> to him.

All,

To give a fuller update we currently have 3 talks and 3 other possible
talks.  The talks are:

Matt - Fun with Text Editors
Neil - Perl and web spidering
Mark - Introduction to Unicode

I hope to be able to confirm the other talks later on in the week so
we'll have a total of 6 all being well.

As I've mentioned Stephen has been able to get us a projector, many
thanks for that.  I'll confirm more details later on during the week and
update the relevant parts of the website.

It's still not too late to put your name down for a talk, please get in
touch if you want to do something, all topics welcome.  In fact I'd
welcome people on the night as long as you have your talk on a USB key
and it doesn't take too long.

Any questions?

Cheers,

Matt