[SWLUG] Router/Firewall

Terry John terry.john at bbc.co.uk
Fri Jul 17 12:16:18 UTC 2009

I've got a standard Broadband/wireless router set up in a small
establishment. Casual wireless users are encouraged. But I want to have
a more secure wired connection to the same broadband connection.

I could do it with a Linux PC with 2 ethernet cards using iptables as a
firewall. This would give me a valid DHCP as well. The only problem is
having to have the PC whirring away continuously with no obvious
purpose. So I'm looking for a low power solution.

Is there a NAT type firewall similar to the std broadband router but
using ethernet both ways or does anyone know where can I get a small low
power box that I can configure myself.

Thanks

Terry