[SWLUG] SWLUG Meeting in Carmarthen

Chris Jackson chriscf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 22:26:46 UTC 2009

2009/7/21 Matthew Moore <matt at matthewmoore.org.uk>:
> Dominic Greer wrote:
>> Can I ask that in future the staff at the pub know about the meeting.  I
>> came along for the first time tonight and asked at the bar about the
>> meeting but neither of the bar staff knew anything about it.  As I
>> didn't know anyone and the pub was reasonably busy with no group
>> standing out, I ended up driving back to Swansea after being there 20
>> minutes or so.  Not what I hoped for.  I would like to come to the next
>> meeting however.

For what it's worth, we were secreted at the back.  We tend to do this
because we can get away with rearranging the tables there.  Admittedly
we should perhaps have had a talisman or two (issues of Linux Format,
for instance) on display.  A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away,
we had a couple of signs which we would attach to the promo boards -
perhaps I^H someone should start doing this again.

--
Chris Jackson