[SWLUG] SWLUG Meeting in Carmarthen

Dick Bain dick.bain at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 22:44:22 UTC 2009

2009/7/21 Daniel Morris <danielm at iee.org>:
> Hi Dominic,
>
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 08:59:55PM +0100, Dominic Greer wrote:
>> Can I ask that in future the staff at the pub know about the meeting.  I
>> came along for the first time tonight and asked at the bar about the
>> meeting but neither of the bar staff knew anything about it.  As I didn't
>> know anyone and the pub was reasonably busy with no group standing out, I
>> ended up driving back to Swansea after being there 20 minutes or so.  Not
>> what I hoped for.  I would like to come to the next meeting however.
>
> Sorry to hear you had a wasted journey, there were six of us from about
> 1845-2200, even with topics from ssh key generation to photo-voltaics to
> which-mobile-should-endure-the-Telsa-test-next and a few puffin geocoins
> and penguin badges, we appear to have blended in with the crowd. We do
> always go to the seated tables at the very back - tonight grabbing the
> big table just before the french windows/end wall.
>
> Unforunately the only common denominator with the staff is there aren't
> ever enough of them! The faces seem to change each month.
>
> Perhaps we need to get a laminate or fold-up SWLUG/tux logo to put on
> the table for future meetings - please do come along.

Next time we will have a largish toy penguin  sitting on the table,
I'll post a photo of him on the website this week sometime ;-)
Oh and the picture, that Sam pointed to, is near enough for me to
recognise me :D
Dick

--
free/libre/open, software for the people by the people
www.swlug.org  is a good place to go ;-)